Home

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Kids...its fun to shoot

I thoroughly enjoy photographing kids, recently I got an opportunity to photograph two lovely kids of my friend (Rajas Kirtane).... 3months old Ishan and his bro Yash....I was able to take the shots as these kids cooperated very well...

My main intention was to produce "High Key" shots which would have lots of white or highlights in totality without much compromise on skin tone.... I know I need to learn a lot on compositions and exposures but I believe my baby steps will take me to achieve this one day.... every photo shoot is a learning experience for me and I enjoyed it with satisfaction.

This was my first shoot with new Westcott 60inch Umbrella I bought last week and I am totally satisfied with the quality of light it produced. I wanted to photograph Ishu baby for long time but I was waiting to get my budget ready for this umbrella.... looking at the results I feel this light modifier is worth to its cost $47.

Set up: 2 Vivitar flash in 2:1 ratio, one with umbrella and one background. f/5.6 to f/8, 1/200 (sync speed for Canon T1i), ISO100