Home

Friday, February 18, 2011

Water Drops.....


2 days back I bought Vivitar DF 383 flash which is a budget flash; my dream came true. After an exhaustive review around the budget speedlites I decided to go with Vivitar although Yongnuo YN-560 is also a good flash (may be that will be my next flash). 
So the first experiment I wanted to do was to capture the water droplets as many of the photo enthusiast does. I am happy with my Canon T1i & its kit lens (18-55mm) which gave me these satisfactory results which I am happy to share with you. To be honest I don't know what difference it would have made if I had a macro lens..
The set up was quite simple, but since it was related to water my daugter Urvi was very much interested to help me in everything by playing in it....she wanted to almost swim in that cake pan filled with water. Finally she was successfull to splash water on the camera and flash unit....and got a 'fatka' as a reward :)
I used the gift bag & a gift wrap paper as background, the colours of droplets are reflected from these backgrounds.





And here is the setup..